Resident Permit

Turkey, all international students, regardless of their status, have to get residence permit.  Some of nationals who stay less than 90 days are exempted from this rule. Please check whether your country is among them. Turkish incoming students, if they are still Turkish citizens, do not need to get residence permit document either. If they are not Turkish citizens, they may apply blue card.

You should apply residence permit by taking appointment from Directorate General of Migration Management (Göç ─░daresi)within 30 days after your arrival (Application must be within 30 days, not the appointment itself). Before taking the appointment, it is important to arrange your accommodation and to clarify your residence address since your residence permit card will be sent to the address you declare.

If you come to Turkey on a tourist visa, you will not be allowed to stay and study with only that visa. You will have to apply for a residence permit.

If you come to Yalova University to study, you must apply for a student visa.

If you come to Yalova University for an internship, you must apply for an internship visa.

For your Residence Permit, you need to take the following documents to the Police Station:

  • Application Form (on this link:
  • Student Certificate (provided by us)
  • Erasmus Certificate written for Migration Office (provided by us)
  • Copy of Passport and visa
  • 2 photographs (not necessarily be biometric)
  • Statement of Address (Rent contract or Dormitory Registration)
  • Health Insurance (Turkish copy)
  • Payment Voucher (55 Turkish Liras)

PS : Your buddy will help to get resident permit. Ask her/his help.